Friday, December 17, 2010

Privé

Once again I was able to safely eat out by checking in advance, this time at my work place end of year office party at Privé. With three weeks advanced notice of my allergy to gluten, the staff at Privé took every care to make sure I was okay throughout the night. A buffet style dinner was organised for our function. This is an area where Singapore has gained points in the gluten free game over Sydney, where you usually have to battle through 6 levels of staff before you can bypass the obstacles of ‘gluten free,’ (contamination guaranteed), buffet options. Without drawing too much attention to my special needs, the wait staff served me straight from the kitchen: a light and refreshing Apple, Walnut & Brie Salad, followed by Pan Roasted White Cod with Haricot Verts, Virgin Cherry Tomatoes, Almond Flakes & Herbs Beurre Blan.

No comments:

Post a Comment