Sunday, January 30, 2011

San Francisco

If you live in Singapore you are likely to be a frequent traveler, so I have decided to share some of my gluten free travel experiences as well. On the way to a conference in Las Vegas, My colleagues and I took to the streets of in San Francisco during our 6 hour stop over. We took a cab to the Piers for lunch and look at the Golden Gate Bridge, ending up at a delightful little cafe called The Plant Cafe Organic down near the organic weekend markets by the single diget piers. Now, you may not need much guidance for San Francisco, as the health and wellness capital of the USA is very gluten aware. However, just as with my home town of Sydney, San Francisco is susceptible to the trends of health and lifestyle. This means that a menu with items labeled gluten free may be there to meet the needs of trendy 'low gluten' eaters and not of Coeliacs. After confirming the bonafides of the gluten free label of the Cob salad (lettuce, tomato, blue cheese, turkey, bacon, hard boiled egg, yum!), I settled down with that and the best latte I have yet had in America and felt right at home - for a while, before continuing on the last leg of my 36 hour journey.
Cob Salad at The Plant Cafe Organic, San Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment